COMING SUMMER 2017
Calling all musicians and filmmakers
who want to be recognized worldwide!
We welcome all genres!
Calling all sponsors who want to support emerging artists,
and say they were there from the very beginning!
Join our first ever Music Video Challenge – an event you won’t find anywhere else!
About the Event
Film is a visual representation of music; a music video tells a story set to music and allows you to see the words come to life. Winter Film Awards pairs emerging filmmakers from the tri-state area with the hottest emerging musical acts of all genres and challenges them to create a brand new Music Video from start-to-finish in just two weeks!
Completed videos to be screened by music industry professionals and the winners to be crowned at a glittering blowout red carpet & awards ceremony at one of NYC’s hottest clubs!
Sponsors, your product(s) can be shown in all videos! Contact Winter Film Awards for details!
How it Works
- Musical Acts will apply to take part in the Challenge with a current original song. Selected Acts will be highlighted on the Winter Film Awards website and social media, with bio, photo and contact information plus embedded song.
- Prospective filmmakers will apply to take part in the Challenge.
- At Challenge Kick-Off on September 15 2017, musical acts and filmmakers will be teamed at random. They will have just two weeks to create their Music Video.
- There is a secret product placement element to the Challenge. Videos must incorporate a secret prop, such as a placed product, costume or location.
- To ensure the highest possible quality, each team has the opportunity to meet with the Winter Film Awards team half-way through to review their work and discuss possible improvements.
- Completed videos to be uploaded to the Winter Film Awards YouTube channel and promoted on social media.
- Teams compete for the coveted “Fan Favorite” award by racking up “Likes” on their video.
- Music and Film Industry professionals, including industry veterans Lars Murray (SVP Music Industry Group at Pandora) Ed Steinberg (RockaMedia), Bernard Porter (PCG Nashville) and more will view the completed videos and choose the Winner and Runner-Up.
- Red Carpet Gala Party at a premiere NYC dance club on October 14 with an estimated 700 attendees, screening of all completed videos, awards ceremony, followed by an After-Party with a local DJ.
- August 1 2017: Applications open for Musicians
- August 15 2017: Applications open for Filmmakers
- September 1 2017: Final Musician line-up announced
- September 15 2017: Kick off Party and Musician/Filmmaker matchups
- September 15 – October 1: CHALLENGE
- September 24 2017: Feedback Day
- October 2 – October 13: Industry and Fan Favorite Judging
- October 14 2017: Networking & Video Watching Party, Awards Ceremony
- Receiving a full Music Video for just the cost of application in the Challenge
- The chance for their work to be heard by top industry professionals
- Promotion by Winter Film Awards, Media, and Community Sponsors
- Mention on all social media and event invitations
- Logo and hyperlink on Winter Film Awards Sponsor page, event pages, video and musician pages
- Sponsored posts and social media
- Company materials in VIP Swag Bags
- Complimentary VIP passes
- Customize your outreach as a prize, venue, gift, snack or spirit sponsor
- Product Placement in all music videos created for the Challenge
- Rights to record the awards/ceremony
- Right to rebrand and show the videos on your website and other media
- On-site branding, including banner placement, event program, onscreen advertising and trailers before Screenings and at Parties
- Press release announcing partnership
- Logo placement hyperlinked to your website on all event invitations and media announcements
- Industry Exclusivity
- Logo on Step & Repeat
- Opportunity to present an Award at Awards Ceremony Gala to be held at one of NYC’s hottest venues
Benefits for Musical Acts
Emerging Musicians are so often held back by the cost of promotion and cannot afford quality music videos to showcase their act.
Musicians benefit from the Challenge by:
Benefits for Filmmakers
Winning Filmmakers to be awarded equipment and activity prizes. Filmmakers also will benefit from exposure to the music industry and the opportunity to work with a new musical act.
Benefits for Event Sponsors
In addition to showing your support for emerging artists and helping us continue the work of our non-profit organization, Winter Film Awards will promote and advertise your sponsorship heavily in NYC and worldwide via social and traditional media and with music industry professionals. Via our partnerships, event notices will reach over 50k people!
Product Placement sponsor packages are available for inclusion in every video.
For more information on event and primary sponsorship levels, and to create a customized package for your needs and goals, contact us!
Promote your brand to over 50k potential customers! Get all the attention connected with a hip NYC event – an amazing opportunity to reach the NYC arts scene and potential customers worldwide!
Customize your outreach with numerous branding options and showcase your product via on-site tasting tables, product demos and sales presentations!
Benefits for the Primary Sponsor
Primary sponsor also receives the following benefits:
About Winter Film Awards
Winter Film Awards is an all-volunteer women and minority-run 501(c)3 organization founded in 2011, which celebrates diversity of local and international filmmaking. It was built with the dream of making diverse indie film more accessible to the public and providing driven, talented artists the opportunity to break through competitive barriers to establish meaningful careers in film. The focus is on showcasing emerging filmmakers from every age, ethnic, racial, religious, cultural, political and geographic perspective — while providing a stepping stone for all filmmakers, from students with blossoming careers to established industry veterans, to screen their work in front of a large audience and gain recognition for their achievements.
Every year, Winter Film Awards hosts an Indie Film Festival (February 2017), a Comedy Competition (January 2017), a Music Video Challenge (Summer 2017) and a 48-Hour Film Challenge (Autumn 2017).
For Additional Information, Contact Us!
|Steffanie L Finn|
Winter Film Awards
Tel: (415) 355-4371
|Carolyn A. Schultz|
Winter Film Awards
Fundraising & Social Media
Winter Film Awards
Tel: (914) 255-4725